The International Society for Diseases of the Esophagus (ISDE) is committed to the advancement and support of trainees, fellows and early career individuals, resulting from the members, through its 2021-2024 Strategic Priorities. To this end we are pleased to introduce the formation of Young ISDE, a new standing committee within the ISDE. International Society for Diseases of the Esophagus co-founded by:
- Sheraz Markar, Chair – Oxford University Hospital NHS Trust, United Kingdom
- David Liu, Vice-Chair – Austin Hospital, Australia
- Jessie Elliot, Secretary – Royal College of Surgeons, Ireland
Aims of Young ISDE:
- To contribute to the development of new knowledge and advance understanding in the field of esophageal diseases, through research and scholarship, and dissemination of findings in peer-reviewed journals and at scientific meetings.
- To promote education; the exchange of scientific and medical knowledge of the esophagus among a community of trainees and young investigators from medical, surgical, associate health groups.
- To facilitate the establishment of scientific connections between trainees, early career clinicians, and young investigators in the field.
- To advertise training and fellowship opportunities in the field of esophagus diseases internationally and enhance interdisciplinary training.
To ensure the representation of trainees and early career clinicians within Young ISDE, it should be noted that ISDE members will only be considered eligible to become a member of the committee if they are currently in training, or within ten years following completion of training to the level of Consultant, Attending or equivalent.
Stay tuned for more information regarding this group and their activities.
Want to know more?
- Request a copy of the Young ISDE Terms of Reference by email