The Diseases of the Esophagus Journal hosted a virtual panel for early-career investigators on publishing their research and studies in the Journal. During this live forum Dr. Judy Trieu posed questions to Professor Daniela Molena, Professor Neil Gupta and Professor Vani Konda on ways to identify research questions, secure resources and more. Attendees were invited to join small breakout sessions at the end to share their thoughts and ask questions.
Below is a list of the questions addressed during the presentation.
- How do you identify a research question?
- What resources should you look for to support your research?
- What approach do you take in developing your research question?
- Looking back, is there anything you wish you had known when you first started?
- What’s the best way to get started with statistics?
- Understanding results: what advice do you have if your results aren’t what you expected?
- How do you select journals to submit your manuscript?
- My manuscript was rejected. What is the next step?
- What is one piece of advice you would like everyone to know?
The ISDE wishes to sincerely thank the following individuals for their contributions to this presentation:
- Dr. Judy Trieu, Gastroenterology and Hepatology Fellow, Loyola University Medical Center
- Professor Neil Gupta, Gastroenterologist, Loyola University Medical Center
- Professor Vani Konda, Gastroenterologist, Baylor University Medical Center, USA
- Professor Daniela Molena, Director of the Esophageal Program, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, USA
Publish with Diseases of the Esophagus
Robotic Surgery Supplement
Checkout other presentations on our Channel
Join our Community
Become a member
Subscribe to updates