Registries and audits in esophagogastric cancer surgery play an important role in monitoring the quality of care provided to patients. During this webinar an international panel of speakers discussed the importance of registries and shared updates from around the world including set-up, results and the effect registries have had on national or regional outcomes. Panelists also discussed the way research has been incorporated into registries.
Setup and outcomes were shared from NREV (Sweden); NOGCA (England/Wales); EURECCA (Spain); (Canada/USA); (Japan), DUCA (The Netherlands).
Introduction and Defining Quality of Care in Esophagogastric Cancer Surgery
Registries and Audits: Learning from Current Nationwide Experiences
Patient Reported Outcomes in Auditing. What can we learn from them?
What is the Future of Research Within Registries
The ISDE wishes to sincerely thank the following individuals for their contributions to this presentation:
- Manuel Pera, Head of the Section of Gastrointestinal Surgery, Hospital del Mar, Spain
- Mark I. van Berge Henegouwen, Professor, University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- Natalie Coburn, Surgical Oncologist, Sunnybrook's Odette Cancer Center, Canada
- William Allum, Consultant Upper GI Surgeon, Royal Marsden NHS Foundation Trust, UK
- Jan Johansson, Head of Oesophageal and Gastric Surgery, Lund University Hospital, Sweden
- Sheraz Markar, Senior Oesophago-Gastric Fellow, Oxford University Hospital Trust, UK
- Pernilla Lagergren, Professor of Surgical Care Sciences, Karolinska Institutet, Sweden
- Nicholas Maynard, Consultant Upper GI Surgeon, Oxford University Hospitals NHS Trust, UK
- Masayuki Watanabe, Deputy Hospital Director, Cancer Institute Hospital of JFCR, Japan
Checkout other presentations on our Channel ISDE Diseases of the Esophagus - YouTube
Learn more and network with others around the world at the 2022 ISDE World Congress from September 26-28, 2022 in Tokyo, Japan.
Join our Community
Become a member www.isde.net/membership
Subscribe to updates www.isde.net/Join-ISDE-Mailing-List